Suitable for occupational therapists and health practitioners with appropriate Graduate and professional qualifications in their field of practice.
Learn about this test which provides a complete picture of sensory integration and processing difficulties in multiple environments. SPM-2 Quick Tips offer item level intervention strategies to help with sensory integration and processing challenges.
Date: New date coming soon
Delivered by WPS; Douglene Jackson, PhD, OTR/L, LMT, ATP, BCTS, FAOTA
FREE webinar hosted by WPS
Includes 15% discount code for SPM-2 and Quick Tips materials rom WPS
What is the SPM 2
The SPM-2 is the Sensory Processing Measure, Second Edition, authored by L. Diane Parham, Cheryl L. Ecker, Heather Kuhaneck, Diana A. Henry, and Tara J. Glennon. The SPM-2 is published by WPS.
The SPM-2 is a norm-referenced measure of function in the visual, auditory, tactile, olfactory, gustatory, proprioceptive (body awareness), and vestibular (balance and motion) sensory systems, as well as praxis and social participation.
The SPM-2 is a comprehensive assessment instrument with unique forms in each of five age levels: Infant/Toddler, Preschool, Child, Adolescent, and Adult. At each level, forms may be used independently or jointly to provide an overview of a client’s sensory functioning across multiple environments and raters.
This live, 1-hour training session, delivered exclusively for Sensory Integration Education attendees, will give you an introduction to the development and key features of the SPM-2 and Quick Tips, including administration, scoring, and interpretation.
Presented by Dr. Douglene Jackson, assessment consultant with WPS and recipient of the 2022 AOTA Award of Merit, this session will include and overview and case examples across the lifespan to provide insight into using this measure to support assessment and interventions for individuals of all ages with sensory integration and processing challenges.
- Discuss the Sensory Processing Measure-2nd Edition and Quick Tips and its use across the lifespan for assessment and intervention
- Describe case examples using the SPM-2 across the lifespan to support sensory integration and processing challenges
Structure for the session
- Brief Introduction of the presenter and the SPM-2 and SPM Quick Tips (including age range, what test consists of, overview of different component parts and how they relate to each other, where they can be purchased from, test formats).
- Administration and scoring - Paper and online use
- Interpretation of results. To include case study examples to bring the administration, scoring and interpretation of the test to life. Lifespan case studies; emphasis on child and adult.
- Questions from the audience
NOTE: This event is only available as a live webinar and will not be recorded to watch later.
Douglene Jackson, PHD, OTR/L, LMT, ATP, BCTS, FAOTA is an occupational therapist with over 20 years of experience in rehabilitation, being an assessment consultant with WPS. She holds a PhD in Special Education in Early Childhood, Master of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Health Science in Rehabilitation Services, and various certifications, including sensory integration, telehealth, and assistive technology. Dr. Jackson is a fellow of the American Occupational Therapy Association, serves in leadership with various professional organizations, and is the recipient of the 2022 AOTA Award of Merit.
You can find out more about her here: