1. Applicants will have gained an Honours or non-Honours degree from a University.
(or equivalent qualification subject to approval by Sheffield Hallam University)
2. In order to take SI Module 2 onward, all applicants must be a qualified Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Therapist or Physiotherapist with NO exceptions.
Applicants from other backgrounds are eligible to take SI Module 1 only.
Our accredited SI MSc Pathway courses are specifically designed for qualified occupational therapists, physiotherapists and speech & language therapists to develop the skills required to practice Sensory Integration Therapy in the context of their particular professional background. This is advanced training which builds upon their existing knowledge and, as such, we cannot accept any students not from these specified backgrounds onto SI Module 2 or subsequent modules.
Please see our workshop listings for courses open to all.
3. Each award must be completed within a specified time.
The PGCert in SI (SI Modules 1 - 3) must be completed within a maximum of 3 years (including any breaks in study).
The PGDip in SI (SI Modules 1 - 4) must be completed within a maximum of 5 years (including any breaks in study).
The MSc in SI (SI Modules 1 - 6) must be completed within a maximum of 6 years (including any breaks in study).
4. Applicants who have already started on the MSc in SI Pathway and then left, must start the next module within 6 years of passing the previous module.
If you have already started the pathway, please check which module you should take next.
5. If English is not your first language, you must have an IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in each skill area.
Please see here for the minimum score in alternative tests.